lørdag den 5. september 2015

The Beginning

Throughout the years I've always tried to stay up to date with the newest rulesets for tabletop roleplaying games, along with new technology. I'm well aware that I'm falling behind but I've decided to take the next step and set up an account, not only for myself but for our whole group, which will cover all the new social medias such as Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, and even blogs, more specifically this blog.

Who are we?
Our team currently only consists of two people. PinkPulse and myself, Jay. I personally have about 24 years of experience with tabletop roleplaying games, mostly Dungeons and Dragons. Recently I saw a posting for a job position as a professional Game Master. Looking through the requirements it dawned on me that I did not live up to the use of new technologies and I've decided to do something about it. I'm 30 years old with a lot of experience to share, and friends and family who might want to join me in this endeavor by sharing their experiences through GameMastersDK.

This includes my wife PinkPulse. She is already very active on social medias and she has 7 years of roleplaying experience. Her insight into roleplaying games is quite unique, and she has always wanted to add articles and videos that covered a more roleplaying aspect. With her on this team, we'll be able to provide two very different points of views (many years vs few years; male vs female; creative vs organized; etc)

What is this blog going to be about?
We'll be writing articles (to this blog) and uploading videos (to youtube), many of which PinkPulse will probably be catering to. She has a lot of ideas for crafts, helpful articles, reviews, etc. I myself will try to write at least one article per week, something that you will hopefully enjoy and share with friends and family. I'll try to create one vlog per week as well, which will cover what I've been doing throughout the week concerning rolegames.

Furthermore you can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram where we'll upload updates whenever we start doing something concerning roleplaying. We also have a Twitch account, mainly for our next large project, but it might be used for other things in the future as well.

What's our next large project?
Our next large project is a 24 hour livestream game of Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition played over Roll20 for Extra Life. Extra Life is a fundraiser for childrens' hospitals in the US. We have both lost a child and we are privileged in living in a country where we didn't have to think about the financial aspect of fighting for our child's life. Afterwards we could mourn in peace without having to deal with bills. Not everyone has the same privilege, and in the US many have to pay large sums of money to give their dying child a fighting chance. So join us, donate to affect the game, spread the word, watch us play, save children, and follow us on social medias to see how this project slowly develops into the game that will be played in November 7th. For more information check out my Extra Life page. 



Next week (week 37 as they call it here in Denmark), I'll be introducing our Extra Life project and go into details about how we've been preparing for the event with sponsors, posters, and flyers. I'll explain how I've been creating maps and adventures, and how we've been planning the event as a whole. If you have ideas on articles that we should write about, let us know on our Facebook page, or leave a comment.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar